How to write a Journal





Humans are the most intelligent creatures on this earth, constantly trying to control things. So, we come up with new ideas now and then to control our bodies and mind as well. I believe Journaling is one of such tactics to take control of our wandering minds. 

Every time, I take a step back and think about where I am standing in my life, I see myself missing something badly. That thing is “writing”. Even since I was a child, I dreamt of writing a book that can be of some help to others. However, writing such a great piece requires persistent efforts and constant evaluations. But this is impossible without effective tracking of goals. Journal is the most practical way to discipline yourself and to review your actions. 

Thus, my first step was to start writing a journal. 

I read several articles about journal writing and came across journal entries of a few renowned personalities like Bruce Lee, Leonardo Da Vinci, Benjamin Franklin, etc which gave me some insight into how to do it. 

What is the motive behind writing a journal? 
I believe that the journal gives us a platform to express our feelings, our experiences, and our goals so that your mind comes in sync with them. Nobody knows what to do until and unless the goals or the motives are put into words for us to believe in them. Our mind needs proof that we will be working on this and we are waiting for these results. Once it is supported by your mind then everything becomes possible. It is a strategic game of feeding your subconscious mind.

So, journaling is a way to tell your mind and body about what you want and how do you want them to come in sync to achieve it. 
Do not confuse the word “goal” with something that will make you rich, famous or successful overnight. The goal means a task that you want to try to improve your quality of life. 

For example,
1.  How to overcome anxiety, 
2.  How to wake up early
3.  How to start eating healthy
4.  How to regain my confidence
5.  How to combat the fear of public speaking, etc. 

Here are the things that I have written to support my goal:-

My goal is to write a book someday. I have listed a few things that I will be doing first to accomplish my goal, 

1.  Writing skills
2.  Selection of genre
3.  Story-telling skills
4.  Figuring out the plot
5.  Gathering audience

So, for now, I am working on my writing skills. 

I have taken up the first task to improve my writing skills. For that I have thought of the following ideas:-
1.  Read a lot of books that will push my limits.
2.  Read articles on effective writing.
3.  I will start by writing small articles.
4.  Then do the rigorous editing.
5.  Keep a proper check on the feedback I receive, so that I can improve.
If you guys require the link of that website that I have mentioned above then please write back so that I can share it. 

I ask you guys to share your journal entries here so that we can all learn and grow together. 
·         

RavinS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

love and faith

Review of “Animal Farm”—George Orwell

Conditioning Of The Brain